Here is the Blue Sheet home devotional for the week of Sunday, March 18th. Please download and use in your household to sanctify your home with the Word and prayer this week!
HOLY WEEK SERVICES ~ You have opportunity to hear the Word every day during Holy Week. Every Passion account will be read, and you can take a little extra time each day to walk with Jesus in “real time.”
- Palm Sunday (3/25) – Divine Service at 9 a.m.: Procession of Palms, the Rite of Confirmation, and the latter half of the Passion in St. Matthew’s Gospel.
- Holy Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (3/26-28) at 7 p.m.: Vespers, with Holy Week portions of St. John’s Gospel, and Mark and Luke’s Passion accounts.
- Holy Thursday (3/29) at 7 p.m.: The Rite of Corporate Confession and Absolution, the Lord’s Supper, and the Stripping of the Altar.
- Good Friday (3/30) at 7 p.m.: Tenebrae (Darkness) Vespers with the Passion according to St. John.
- Holy Saturday (3/31) at 9 a.m.: Spoken Matins with the Holy Saturday account from Matthew’s Gospel
- Easter Vigil on Saturday, 3/31, at 7 p.m.: This is an amazing service with God’s promise of rescue from the Old Testament, Remembrance of Baptism, the Lord’s Supper, and the first Alleluias of Easter!
EASTER SERVICES ~ Two Divine Services are offered on Easter Sunday, April 1st: 7 a.m. Sunrise Divine Service, and 9:30 a.m. Festival Divine Service. All are welcome to attend both, as we hear the different readings and sing the different hymns assigned for each service!
EASTER BREAKFAST YOUTH FUNDRAISER ~ Check out the sign-up sheet on the youth bulletin board to see what help and food donations are needed for this fundraiser. Breakfast will be served for all from 8–9 a.m.!
EDISON’S ENTERTAINMENT YOUTH EVENT ~ Jr. High and High School youth and families will go to Edison’s Entertainment Complex for unlimited bowling, laser tag, and arcade, plus lunch on 3/24. We will leave church at 10:30 and arrive back around 5:30. The cost for this event is $24/person. Please sign-up by 3/18.
SCAVENGER HUNT ~ All are welcome to compete in a fun scavenger hunt on 4/8 starting at 3 p.m. We’ll end our time with a meal and sharing our pictures from the scavenger hunt. Please sign-up by 4/4.
THANK YOU ~ I would like to thank all those who have donated money to my Boy Scout Eagle Project. The money will go towards helping the preschool have a safe playground. The children will enjoy having a playground they can access right outside their classroom. – Max Crouch
PREMIER CONFERENCE FOR LUTHERAN LAITY ~ You’re invited to attend the Issues, Etc. “Making the Case” Conference Friday, June 8 and Saturday, June 9 in Collinsville, IL, about 15 miles east of St. Louis. Topics include: Islam, The Prosperity Gospel, Godliness, Religious Truth Claims, The Centrality of Justification, Abortion and Scientism. Speakers include: Hank Hanegraaff, Rev. Hans Fiene, Rev. Will Weedon, Scott Klusendorf, Dr. Angus Menuge, Rev. Jonathan Fisk and Craig Parton. Attendance is limited to 400. For more information, visit www.issuesetc.org or call (618) 223-8385.