Enrollment for the 2019/20 3- and 4-year old classes is now open! Please contact us for information on how to register.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool offers a program which provides children with a wide variety of learning experiences and opportunities to explore the world of knowledge. In a Christian environment, your children are free to explore their world and will receive guidance in participating in activities in which they will be able to experience success.
- To provide opportunities for children to learn of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through Bible stories and lessons.
- To provide the opportunities and activities to help your child develop a healthy self-concept as a precious child of God.
- To provide a wide variety of hands-on explorations that will fulfill your child’s basic individual needs (spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual and physical).
- To provide experiences that encourage your child to develop a “love of learning” and help him/her build a successful foundation to learning.
Ages and Operation
Good Shepherd maintains and operates a Preschool for children ages 3 and 4. Class sizes are kept small enough for learning and sharing in a Christ-centered environment. Presently our teacher is Ms. Mindy Poehls and her assistants are Mrs. Grace Thompson and Mrs. Emily Daniels. Contact us if you have any Preschool questions.
The preschool operates during the school year from September to May. We offer morning sessions for Three-year-olds (Tuesday, Thursday) and Four-year-olds (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). The sessions run from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Further Lutheran Education Opportunities
- Concordia Lutheran Grade School – Springfield, IL
- Our Savior’s Lutheran School – Springfield, IL
- Trinity Lutheran School – Springfield, IL
- Zion Lutheran School – Lincoln, IL
- Springfield Lutheran High School – Springfield, IL