Enrollment for 2018/19 3- and 4-year old classes will begin in early 2018. Please contact us to be put on the notification list.
Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool offers a program which provides children with a wide variety of learning experiences and opportunities to explore the world of knowledge. In a Christian environment, your children are free to explore their world and will receive guidance in participating in activities in which they will be able to experience success.
- To provide opportunities for children to learn of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through Bible stories and lessons.
- To provide the opportunities and activities to help your child develop a healthy self-concept as a precious child of God.
- To provide a wide variety of hands-on explorations that will fulfill your child’s basic individual needs (spiritual, emotional, social, intellectual and physical).
- To provide experiences that encourage your child to develop a “love of learning” and help him/her build a successful foundation to learning.
Ages and Operation
Good Shepherd maintains and operates a Preschool for children ages 3 and 4. Class sizes are kept small enough for learning and sharing in a Christ-centered environment. Presently our teacher is Ms. Mindy Poehls, and her assistants is Ms. Grace Thompson. (Mrs. Emily Daniels also assists with the 3-year-old class.) Contact us if you have any Preschool questions.
The preschool operates during the school year from September to May. We offer morning sessions for Three-year-olds (Tuesday, Thursday) and Four-year-olds (Monday, Wednesday, Friday). The sessions run from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Further Lutheran Education Opportunities
- Concordia Lutheran Grade School – Springfield, IL
- Our Savior’s Lutheran School – Springfield, IL
- Trinity Lutheran School – Springfield, IL
- Zion Lutheran School – Lincoln, IL
- Springfield Lutheran High School – Springfield, IL