The Sunday Night Book Club meets at 7 p.m. on certain Sunday evenings to discuss various books with some connection to our lives as Christians.
In the overlooked moments and routines of our day, we can become aware of God’s presence in surprising ways. How do we embrace the sacred in the ordinary and the ordinary in the sacred? Framed around one ordinary day, this book explores daily life through the lens of liturgy, small practices, and habits that form us. Each chapter looks at something―making the bed, brushing her teeth, losing her keys―that the author does every day. Drawing from the diversity of her life as a campus minister, Anglican priest, friend, wife, and mother, Tish Harrison Warren opens up a practical theology of the everyday. Each activity is related to a spiritual practice as well as an aspect of our Sunday worship. Come and discover the holiness of your every day.
Reading and Discussion Schedule, Summer 2019 (Read ahead to discuss on listed date)
- June 9th – Discuss chapter 1, “Waking,” and chapter 2, “Making the Bed”
- June 16th – Discuss chapter 3, “Brushing Teeth”
- June 23rd – No book club (VBS)
- June 30th – Discuss chapter 4, “Losing Keys”
- July 7th – No book club (cookout)
- July 14th – Discuss chapter 5, “Eating Leftovers,” and chapter 6, “Fighting with My Husband”
- July 21st – No book club (Pastor out of town)
- July 28th – Discuss chapter 7, “Checking Email,” and chapter 8, “Sitting in Traffic”
- August 4th – Discuss chapter 9, “Calling a Friend”
- August 11th – Discuss chapter 10, “Drinking Tea”
- August 18th – No book club (Voters’ Meeting)
- August 25th – Discuss chapter 11, “Sleeping”