Here is the Blue Sheet home devotional for the week of Sunday, March 25th. Please download and use in your household to sanctify your home with the Word and prayer this week!
HOLY WEEK SERVICES ~ You have opportunity to hear the Word every day during Holy Week. Every Passion account will be read, and you can take a little extra time each day to walk with Jesus in “real time.”
- Palm Sunday (3/25) – Divine Service at 9 a.m.: Procession of Palms, the Rite of Confirmation, and the latter half of the Passion in St. Matthew’s Gospel.
- Holy Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (3/26-28) at 7 p.m.: Vespers, with Holy Week portions of St. John’s Gospel, and Mark and Luke’s Passion accounts.
- Holy Thursday (3/29) at 7 p.m.: The Rite of Corporate Confession and Absolution, the Lord’s Supper, and the Stripping of the Altar.
- Good Friday (3/30) at 7 p.m.: Tenebrae (Darkness) Vespers with the Passion according to St. John.
- Holy Saturday (3/31) at 9 a.m.: Spoken Matins with the Holy Saturday account from Matthew’s Gospel
- Easter Vigil on Saturday, 3/31, at 7 p.m.: This is an amazing service with God’s promise of rescue from the Old Testament, Remembrance of Baptism, the Lord’s Supper, and the first Alleluias of Easter!
EASTER SERVICES ~ Two Divine Services are offered on Easter Sunday, April 1st: 7 a.m. Sunrise Divine Service, and 9:30 a.m. Festival Divine Service. All are welcome to attend both, as we hear the different readings and sing the different hymns assigned for each service!
EASTER BREAKFAST YOUTH FUNDRAISER ~ Check out the sign-up sheet on the youth bulletin board to see what help and food donations are needed for this fundraiser. Breakfast will be served for all from 8–9 a.m.!
SCAVENGER HUNT ~ All are welcome to compete in a fun scavenger hunt on 4/8 starting at 3 p.m. We’ll end our time with a meal and sharing our pictures from the scavenger hunt. Please sign-up on the bulletin board by 4/4.
CAMP CILCA SPRING WORK DAY ~ A work day at Camp CILCA will be held on Saturday, April 7, 2018. On that day we will prepare the camp for spring and summer by doing many chores including raking leaves, cleaning buildings, moving picnic tables, moving other items out of storage, making minor repairs, etc. The day begins at 8:30 am. You are welcome to come anytime. Lunch is provided.
CILCA COUNSELOR NEEDED ~ Camp CILCA is looking for one more male counselor for the 2018 season. If you know of a young man who is a confirmed member of an LCMS congregation, has completed one year of college, and would enjoy teaching children about Jesus in an outdoor setting, encourage him to contact Pastor Theilen 487-7497 or email email@example.com
TALK RADIO FOR HOLY WEEK ~ Issues, Etc. is a radio talk show and podcast produced by Lutheran Public Radio in Collinsville, IL and hosted by LCMS Pastor Todd Wilken. This week’s topics include: The Hymn “In the Cross of Christ I Glory,” Apparent Contradictions on the Crucifixion & Death of Jesus, The Upper Room, The Garden of Gethsemane, The Trials of Jesus and more. You can listen live or on-demand at www.issuesetc.org and on the LPR mobile app.