Here is the Blue Sheet home devotional for the week of Sunday, March 11th. Please download and use in your household to sanctify your home with the Word and prayer this week!
WORK DAY ~ On Saturday, March 17, 8:30-11 am we will have a spring work day at church. If you would like to help, just come that day or call Todd Lutz 622-3364. Many hands make light work, so please come and help out!
HOLY WEEK SERVICES ~ You have opportunity to hear the Word every day during Holy Week. Every Passion account will be read, and you can take a little extra time each day to walk with Jesus in “real time.”
- Palm Sunday (3/25) – Divine Service at 9 a.m.: Procession of Palms, the Rite of Confirmation, and the latter half of the Passion in St. Matthew’s Gospel.
- Holy Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday (3/26-28) at 7 p.m.: Vespers, with Holy Week portions of St. John’s Gospel, and Mark and Luke’s Passion accounts.
- Holy Thursday (3/29) at 7 p.m.: The Rite of Corporate Confession and Absolution, the Lord’s Supper, and the Stripping of the Altar.
- Good Friday (3/30) at 7 p.m.: Tenebrae (Darkness) Vespers with the Passion according to St. John.
- Holy Saturday (3/31) at 9 a.m.: Spoken Matins with the Holy Saturday account from Matthew’s Gospel
- Easter Vigil on Saturday, 3/31, at 7 p.m.: This is an amazing service with God’s promise of rescue from the Old Testament, Remembrance of Baptism, the Lord’s Supper, and the first Alleluias of Easter!
EASTER SERVICES ~ Two Divine Services are offered on Easter Sunday, April 1st: 7 a.m. Sunrise Divine Service, and 9:30 a.m. Festival Divine Service. All are welcome to attend both, as we hear the different readings and sing the different hymns assigned for each!
EASTER BREAKFAST YOUTH FUNDRAISER ~ Check out the sign-up sheet on the youth bulletin board to see what help and food donations are needed for this fundraiser. Breakfast served for all from 8–9 a.m.!
EDISON’S ENTERTAINMENT YOUTH EVENT ~ Jr. High and High School youth and families will go to Edison’s Entertainment Complex for unlimited bowling, laser tag, and arcade, plus lunch on 3/24. We will leave church at 10:30 and arrive back around 5:30. The cost for this event is $24/person. Please sign-up by 3/18.
SCAVENGER HUNT ~ All are welcome to compete in a fun scavenger hunt on 4/8 starting at 3 p.m. We’ll end our time with a meal and sharing our pictures from the scavenger hunt. Please sign-up by 4/4.
EASTER FLOWERS ~ Please check your mailbox for the form to order Easter flowers to help decorate the Sanctuary this Easter. More forms are available on the table in the narthex. Please return forms and money by next Sunday, 3/18!
CHRISTMAS CARDS IN MARCH ~ We will be making Christmas cards to send to immigrant families held in detention camps awaiting status hearings on Saturday, 3/17 at 1 p.m. at Our Savior’s in Springfield. Everyone is welcome. We will also have a short Advent/Lenten devotion, Chrismons scavenger hunt, and refreshments. RSVP to email@example.com
HISTORIC, AUTHENTIC CHRISTIAN RADIO ~ You can listen to Lutheran experts teach on topics like: Apostolic Succession, 5th Century Missionary to Ireland Saint Patrick, The Lord’s Supper, 2 Samuel and more. Issues, Etc. is a radio talk show and podcast produced by Lutheran Public Radio in Collinsville, IL and hosted by LCMS Pastor Todd Wilken. You can listen live or on-demand at www.issuesetc.org and on the LPR mobile app.