Join us at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Sherman for Holy Week and Easter, from April 14th – 21st, 2019!
Holy Week begins on Palm Sunday and ends at sundown on Holy Saturday. We offer a service every day during Holy Week.
- Palm Sunday – April 14th: Divine Service with procession of palms offered at 9:00 a.m.
- Holy Monday – April 15th: Vespers prayer service offered at 7:00 p.m.
- Holy Tuesday – April 16th: Vespers prayer service offered at 7:00 p.m.
- Holy Wednesday – April 17th: Vespers prayer service offered at 7:00 p.m.
The chief services of Holy Week are the Holy Three Days:
- Holy Thursday – April 18th: Divine Service with Corporate Confession & Absolution and the Stripping of the Altar offered at 7:00 p.m.
- Good Friday – April 19th: Tenebrae Vespers offered at 7:00 p.m. The church will be open for prayer prior to the service, beginning at 6:00 p.m. A prayer guide will be available with psalms, hymn texts, and prayers for use in contemplating Jesus’ death for us.
- Holy Saturday – April 20th: Matins prayer service offered at 9:00 a.m. The Easter Vigil will be offered at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday evening.
On Easter Sunday (April 21st), our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead, promising eternal life to all who believe! We celebrate this wonderful good news with two services offered that morning:
- Easter Sunrise Divine Service: offered at 7:00 a.m.
- Easter Festival Divine Service: offered at 9:30 a.m.
There will be an Easter breakfast and egg hunt for the children between services, beginning at 8:00 a.m. The breakfast is a fundraiser for the Good Shepherd youth groups.
Wondering about the Easter Vigil? See several articles from Pastor here.
If you’d like to follow along with the events of Holy Week in your bible, use this handy chronology of Holy Week.